Monday, December 26, 2011

Post # 6 Sah Ril Art, Fear, & Loathing: Back Where the Pain Is -Vol. III December 26th 2011




     First things first, I must say that I am LATE when it comes to this brother's extensive body of work. There are six albums prior to this one. However, through some weird twist of fate, I've managed to get my hands on this latest offering and I've decided to jump on board and see what this is all about. Time to crack this LP open.
     Art, Fear, & Loathing opens with a couple of salutations and then we're off to the races. There is something about that opener that really sets off the overall mood of this record. The production is lush and 100% infectious. It's not entirely a new sound here but its done with such precision and love that it feels fresh and new. I literally took me 30 minutes to get past the 1st track...Promising
     Once I managed to get my +FINAL FAREWELL FULFILLED+ I was able to move on to the rest of the album and much to my delight there were more treats in store. While listening to this LP I got the vibe that this was yours,mine,his mind and work. Meaning that the songs were the confessionals and the interludes/song breaks were literally thoughts that glued everything together.
     Every song included here serves its purpose justly and it never feels out of place. It's like all the songs are NEEDED to paint the complete picture and be presented in a way it was intended. Whats ironic about that last sentence is the fact that AS SOON as I finished writing it Sah Ril quipped "I'm Basquiat of this Body-Rock". That may not mean much to you right now but that line alone defines the album in its entirety.
     The lyrics are more or less an added piece of this presentation here, They don't detract from the overall project because they are used solely to catch the listener in a three pronged attack....Lyrics, Music, Concept. Let me be clear though, the lyrics ARE dope and when combined with the sound scape, its down right scary.
     The production my gosh! Its the main reason why it took me so long to get through this album. Each song is like a dang on Easter egg hunt, I know its gonna take me months to unearth the many jewels that are buried within each track.
      Let me be clear once more, This album is not for everybody. If you're looking for the next "RAPPER" out of Jersey to finally put us on the map you might not like where this album will take you. On the other hand if you're the kind of person that loves abstract music and well used samples that give you the chills.....Come take this ride.

    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment