Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Top 10 of 2011.....5 Thru 1








5. 9th Wonder "The Wonder Years"- More than your just your usual compilation, This LP pulled out some of my my underground heroes. Murs, Raekwon, and Fashawn just to name a few.... plus 9th's lush production....."This Sh*t Be Kickin!"













4. Game "The R.E.D. Album"- While everyone was Watching the Throne and helping Tha Carter IV go platinum. Game dropped one of his most cohesive albums to date. Hard Beats, Hard Bars...This got much play in my ride this summer...Although I could have done without the constant name dropping and rhyming like the guests that were featured. This album still bumps. Not better than The Documentary but wayyyyy better than The Doctors' Advocate and L.A.X...This was the hardest album this year.

















3. Big K.R.I.T "ReturnOf4Eva"- What happens when you mix the backwoods mysticism of say a Outkast or Goodie Mob, The Slick Pimpery of UGK or 8ball and MJG and self produced gems? You get this MASTERPIECE...trust me on this, if you like any of the aforementioned artist you'll understand that this dude is definitely a student. This was the front runner for my album year but something happened lol.













2. Kendrick Lamar "Section.80"- Sheesh! what can I say about this dude. There are way to many superlatives so I'm just going to say this...Dude is dope,sick,nasty,beast...etc...its really true..Easily of the illest guys I've heard in a long time...I really hope he stays the course with Dr.Dre and they put that project out soon..If this album was this dope..WITHOUT Dre..The rap world is in trouble.








1. Phonte "Charity Starts At Home"- Every album in my top 10 was dope and I enjoyed listening to every one of them..BUT..they ALL had one glaring flaw...They all had skipped tracks..well except for this one...Honestly I wasn't initially interested in this album and went around it for a while...Once I pressed play one afternoon...it was curtains...Track after track was listenable...EVEN The boo-loving songs where Phonte decides to croon. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF THIS LP! I even ran it back instantly and let the ENTIRE album rock once more...That to me my friends is the definition of a CLASSIC!

2 comments:

  1. Did The Game reduce the name dropping? If so I MAY consider THe Red Album. Also, he named his kid Cali Dream.....rude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not entirely, but he decided to rap like every rapper that was featured on each song which was equally annoying...but with that being said....the album was still dope sis...cop it

    ReplyDelete